Saturday, July 25, 2009

Selena Gomez's version of "Magic" by Pilot


I got a text yesterday reminding me of the Planet Premiere of Selena Gomez's new song called "Magic". The song is a remake, the song was originally by Pilot. I remember the song from all the old AT&T commercials where they would go "Oh, oh, it's magic..." and then they would dial the phone. But that's not part of this post.
I think Selena did a good job on the song. It introduced her style of singing but didn't show all of her talent as a singer (which we all know she has with "Cruella DeVill" and "One and the Same"). It was a good primer for the "Wizards of Waverly Place" soundtrack and Selena's debut CD, which comes out in the fall.
I'm still not sure if I'll buy the "Wizards" soundtrack yet. There are some new songs by Meaghen Martin, Drew Sealey, Mitchel Musso, and of course Selena Gomez. But some of the songs are recycled songs that Disney has used in the past. Some of these include "Some Call it Magic" by Raven and "Do You Believe in Magic" by 78violet (Aly & AJ). These are good songs, but it would be nice if there were some news songs. This may just fill my Disneymania 7 void for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment